Do you want to know what to take on safari in Africa?
Africa is a long way away and if you are going out into the parks and beautiful places on offer – shops and supplies will not be at your fingertips!
It is best to have a basic but functional packing list to refer to.
What To Take On An African Safari
Items of a personal nature
- Shorts, ¾ pants
- Long pants & jacket/windbreaker
- Swimming costume
- Mosquito repellent
- T-shirts, long sleeved shirt
- Trainers, socks & sandals
- Battery charges, cords etc
- Malaria tablets
* In winter woolly hats, gloves, scarves and thermal vest for the evenings -especially in Hwange – as temperatures at night can go below Zero degrees Celsius. The days go up to approx. 28 deg Celsius.
Old T-shirts, trousers, sneakers etc… are useful to bargain with when buying curios.
We suggest that you are on a course of anti-malarial prophylaxis before you leave home. Consult your doctor.
Please advise us of the following:
- Special medical conditions & medications
- Special food allergies
- Special dietary requirements i.e. diabetic, vegetarian or vegan
- Drinks preference i.e. red wine, light beer, Gin etc.. Remember we don’t have the brands you have at home
- Emergency contact details for relatives
- You must have a comprehensive travel & medical insurance